Company: Globix Corporation
Location: Fairfield, NJ
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Responsible for providing analysis, design, and documentation of databases using industry’s best practices and methodologies.
- Individual will be responsible for daily database operations, including backup and recovery, replication, and configuration processes and strategies.
- Prior background with supporting production environments (24×7).
- DB monitoring tools experience prepares and/or reviews database activity, progress, and performance reports.
- Responsible for installing and upgrading Oracle database (Oracle 8i, 9i, and 10g).
- Maintain and improve high availability and disaster recovery strategies for the database environments.
- Understand various logical and physical partitioning considerations, memory parameters, and their implications.
Position Qualifications Required
- Minimum 3-4 years of database administration and architecture.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Sciences or a related field preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of database optimization, capacity planning, performance tuning, and benchmarking methodologies.
- Strong in SQL, PL/SQL coding skills, and experience.
- Hands-on experience with Oracle 8i/9i/10g.
- UNIX and shell scripting.
- Data guard experience.
- OCP is a big plus.